Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Weeding - bucket loads of weeds

The manure hasn't arrived and I'm not sure when it will and the weather on Sunday was colder and much wetter. Autumn is slowing arriving, the days are getting shorter and the evenings are closing in. The Sunday just gone was dark and gloomy.
I managed to clear several bucket loads of weeds from around the base of the trees, I need to get more rabbit guards in place and ensure that all is well. However its going to take time. At the moment I am only at the orchard once a week and have booked a holiday for next month just so that I can spend a couple of days making sure things are ok as we go into winter. The rabbits have had a nibble at a couple of trees and I'm not sure that the trees can wait till next month, for me to get all the tree guards in place
On Sunday I applied the 3rd round of varroa treatment the bees are doing fine and they have started taking down the sugar fondant.

I came across an interesting artical in the telegraph the other day, and I am posting the link http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening/gardenprojects/8742946/Turn-orchards-and-meadows-into-a-business.html

No comments: