Monday, March 16, 2009

15th March Mushrooms and Horse Manure




Its been a busy week I have been looking at getting fencing around all the trees. I have looked at everything from metal frames, wire mesh to plastic mesh for all the trees; then stakes of varying sizes and shapes. I have not put an order in yet, but will have to get it in soon. Some of the options look very expensive and others are cheaper but I got to pay it, without them I would not be able to keep sheep on site, they may damage the trees.

I have also been talking to various government agencies looking into what subsidies and grants are available. I may be able to join the single payment scheme "Common Argricultural Policy (CAP)", the government also has help for Orchards, and as I'm going to have sheep it which falls under an additional scheme. I may also get help with the bees not sure about that though. I have had to talk to loads of people and I'm expecting paperwork through the door in couple of days.

The trees are fine and doing well, most have buds that seem like they are ready to blossom. As you can see I have mushrooms growing all over the place. They look nice. I haven't picked any and don't intend to take any home to eat. People are telling me that if I lived in France I could take them to the Pharmacist who would identify them and inform me which are safe to eat. Well I don't live in France and I don't know about mushrooms.

I spoke to Donna again today and she informs me that she can supply the sheep. She has given my details to the person who has them and they should be contacting me shortly.

No comments: