Monday, November 18, 2013

Shoving trolley loads of the magic black smelly stuff

Been a tough weekend. Managed to get a trolley load off manure under 28 trees. It was tough work. I started at 10am and finished at 5pm. It was dark by the time I finished. I didn't really stop and take pictures this weekend just didn't have the time.

The weeds had been cleared under 17 trees by my parents during the week; this really helped. These 17 were the closest to the manure and the final 8 were at the furthest end of the orchard. That leaves the middle section of the orchard remaining for the next couple of weeks.

So under all the trees all the weeds and grass are removed. Then I piled under the manure and then spread it out evenly, then onto the next tree.

I was in pain and even a day on I feel like I had a good workout.

I have paid for the manure and given the farmer a jar of honey.

I found what looked like a maggots, turns out to be Leather jackets (Tipula paludosa)which will turn into daddy long legs. They aren't the prettiest insect.

No comments: