Sunday, November 24, 2013

More weeding more muck spreading

Some of the muck beneath the trees
Another week and more of the same. I have weeded beneath more trees and have spread more muck. I have a further 46 trees to go, so I reckon a good three weeks work remain. I managed less trees than last week, but the trees are towards the end of the orchard, and now I need to do the weeding myself. I was lucky previously the weather had been warmer and my parents had been down and done some of the weeding for me.

This weeding and muck spreading has stopped me doing some other work, which I had started a couple of weeks ago. That of cutting down the brambles. I need to finish off this work, and put the orchard to rest for the winter. I may have to cut the grass also, its long and makes pulling the trolley harder.

I haven't checked on the bees as the weather has been a lot colder lately, and I only want to go in when its an opportune time. I know that a couple of weeks ago they had plenty of food, and I have seen other bees collecting nectar from Ivy; which is in bloom at present.



No comments: