Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I have a visitor at the Orchard

This dog belongs to the farmer next door. He wondered over and watched me from a distance and then got closer and closer. He is either wondering what I'm up to or hoping that I have a snack for him. The dog is friendly enough and its nice having the company.

Anyway another wet weekend so I didn't get a chance to go into the beehive and it was cold. However as the picture shows the ladybirds are enjoying the rain. These two I think were drinking water together from some water that a trickled down the trunk. Lost of water on the ground, sow much that in some areas, it's water logged. The Quinces that were planted late last year will benefit from this extra water at this time of the year.
Also some of the new leaves and buds are starting to open, hopefully in a couple of week the blossom will be in full effect.


No comments: