Friday, March 25, 2011

Blossom is finally here


This weekend I sow the first blossom of the season on the orchard. It was on the Almond trees and its a nice pink.

I also sorted out the Bee's finally. Which is good news, as I can see that the queen has started to lay eggs. I also have found loads of food in the brood area. I was worried, about the cold and the bees not having enough food, but its all good.

The farmer next to me asked if it were OK to put horses into the orchard. I had to say no. Last time I let the horses in they damaged the trees, and set me back perhaps a year on some trees. I won't be making that mistake again.

The family also has the first picnic of the year. It was great, a nice sunny afternoon. Fresh sandwiches, and fruit. The kids had fun, then they gave the horses, bits of apple. All good.
I

No comments: