Saturday, May 9, 2009

Manure



I have checked the trees for aphids and caterpillars. I have also moved roughly 40 wheel barrows of horse manure on to the site. That was hard working. I did have help but it was hard. I now have access to as much horse manure as I could want, but if I ever want to move it I will be using a 4x4 dumper.

I have also had a couple of horses on the land eating some of the grass. The horses seems to love it they were running a rounding chasing each other and munching the grass. I must admit it was nice to watch them wonder around grazing and playing.

It looks like I am noting going to get any sheep at the moment. I will have to buy them from the auctions but I think I may have to wait until next year.

1 comment:

ali said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog http://groceriesgardenanddinner.blogspot.com/

I am in Iowa, USA

Your orchard pictures look so nice. We have planted a few apple, pear, peach etc trees. It is our third year with some of the apple trees and I was hoping for a lot more blossoms than we got this year since we didn't have any last year.

Take care,
ali