Wednesday, May 27, 2009

2 weeks news its been pouring

Last week was a washout, It has rained daily and it has meant that I have not been on the land much.I checked the trees once, and sprayed a couple of trees that had large numbers of Aphids, these days very few trees have aphids. The natural predators are out and about.
I have ordered a number of books on Permaculture and am awaiting for delivery.
The books arrived on the 16th and I have started to read the first "Permaculture in a Nutshell".
This week has been better, I checked on the trees again and visited a number of large gardens to see how they have set up gardens and what they are growing.
I have also been to the bee course and attended the monthly meeting. I have been learning about bee diseases. I have ordered my hive and a jacket etc and await delivery.
I have also completed "Permaculture in a Nutshell" it was interesting and some of the ideas are interested however many of the ideas seem like common sense.

The trees are growing and look good to me.

No comments: