Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sweet Blossom and pests


We have blossom on the trees finally, and its beautiful. Not all the trees but some and the rest will have blossom in a couple of weeks probably. A number of the trees still have small buds but they are growing.

We have fixed the fence and it looks good. I had purchased a number of new brackets for the gate but they were all the wrong size, they have now gone back to the supplier. It looks like I may have to find them from a different supplier.

We have found some pest or disease on a couple of leaves, I am looking into what it could be and what I should do. I will not be using chemicals.

Finally we have been mulching again. We have bought bales of straw and wood chip, we put the straw down within the fencing and then wood chip on top. This should stop the weeds from coming up. We have started getting lots of weeds but we have had good week with lots and rain and sun.

On the 19th I am going to Stoneleigh to the county Bee fair. This will be an opportunity to make some new contacts and look at what I'll need to keep bees.

No comments: