Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Update for the Summer

Apples on the trees
With the school holidays and my daughter getting ready for entrance exams, I haven't made any updates.
Brood on the comb
So here is whats been happening. I still haven't cut the grass, that's not even once this year. I plan too this weekend. I have bought a trailer to get the mower to the orchard, and back. Its all loaded and and ready to go, just need the weather and several hours.

Cobnuts eaten not by me
Black Berries
MAQ strips on one of the hives
Fruit, been a good year. lots of apples, pears plums and cherries. I have also had cobnuts and black berries. I have collected some, lots to still be collected, and some had ripened on the trees. Some damage from natural pests, as I am still not using chemicals to deter them.

Honey, productive year, I have extracted twice and I have left the honey on one hive. I also entered my local honey show and got second prize for one of my candles.

I have put the MAQ strips on all the hives, one of the queens went of lay but she is now back on.

So all in all a good year so far.

I also have huge heap of horse manure which is well rotted, that needs to get spread under the trees.

I also have 2 sackfuls of daffodils that need planting. I'm planing on getting some caolourful tulips also. So much work and so little time.

The diary entries should get more into line now.

No comments: