Sunday, September 28, 2014

RHS Wisley (September 2014)

Wisley Apple Orchard
I visited RHS Wisley over the weekend. They have wonderful orchards and its a nice time of the year to go. The gardens are always picturesque however with the sense of change in the air I enjoyed it more, just wish I had more time to linger.

I know and I can see and feel the seasonal changes occurring, you can see the trees reacting to them, the changes in colour, the dying back even the smells are of Autumn.

At Wisley they have loads of fruit still in the trees but you can smell the fermentation of the fruit. Its not the most pleasant smell but its a smell of autumn. The leaves of some of the fruit trees have started to fall this includes the cherries. Some of the apple, and pear trees have started to become dormant. The leaves are various colours and even the grass is starting to change colour.

Many of the flower beds are past thebest but it makes it easier to find plants that are bee friendly and you can see them whizzing around.

The orchards at Wisley are great and I hope that in time, mine will also be as productive and as beautiful.


No comments: