Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Apple blossom starting to bloom

Apple Tree Blossom
Apple Blossom
The Apple trees are starting to blossom finally. I like the smell of apple blossom. I like getting my nose into the blossom and smelling the faint scent. 

Its a wonderful time of year. The smell is a gentle soft smell and its only around for a couple of weeks. Apple tree blossom is very attractive and white and the pink on most varieties of apple trees, within the orchard. Some of apple trees haven't started so I will have a couple of weeks to enjoy the blossom. I recently became a life member of the Mid Shire Orchard Group. I am hoping to gain more skills and talk to people about orchards and the like. Must as I do with the bee keeping. 

Kazakhstan Blossom
Kazakhstan Trees
The Kazakhstan tree that we have the so called father of apples is in full bloom and blossom petals are a beautiful white. This was the first of the apples trees that blossomed fully. Its also the only apple tree that we have that has pure white flowers. Its not proper apple tree its more of a crab apple.


The cherry blossom is still going, but the trees that came into blossom first almost all the blossom has disappeared, and the fruit is starting to grow. Yeah, yum yum.
Cherry Trees Blossom disappearing
I didn't get a chance to go into the hives today as it started raining just as I arrived at the orchard. I could see the bees at the entrance, I need to go into the hive and check if they are likely to swarm this weekend. 

 
The farmers kid dropped off a quantity of horse manure today. I think it was a way of him saying sorry for driving his quad bike on the land. This also gave him a chance to to drive his new quad bike and trailer to drop of the manure.

No comments: