Monday, January 13, 2014

Wet and icy

The Orchard is cold at the moment
Its been another wet and cold week and the part of the orchard that was flooded part has a very a very fine sliver of ice which is nice to look at but her delicate. I'm sure by mid afternoon most of it will have thawed out and will refreeze over night The grass and flora sticks out which kind of looks nice.


Gnawed Tree
This colder time of the year is one where rabbits love gnawing at the trees. I have fenced up and checked the rest of the rabbit guards. It seems like the  occasional rabbit guard goes missing every now and again or it gets pulled out and  find itself against the fence. 

All the trees are  dormant I can see the last 3 leaves on one of trees its a nice image, almost showing what im hoping I will see in a couple of  months. The lycan and moss on some of the trees and in this weather it looks really good.
Bark of a Tree

I caught the farmers lad who this year got a scrambler for Christmas thinking of going through the orchard on it. I put a stop to that. The kid is really lucky, last year he got a quad bike which he has broken this year he has a scrambler which he tells me has a top speed of 85 mph. He is no  older than 11/12years old. I'd be a little weary of giving kids that age such expensive gifts.

I didn't check on the bees, it too cold, perhaps next week. The kids didn't want to come down to the orchard. When i was leaving the house in the morning it was I was cold. By the time I left I was only thinking of getting home for a warm drink.

When I got home and told the kids about the ice they wanted to come down with me.  I had mentioned it when I was heading down They weren't Interested it was early and cold outside. I looked for birds and rabbits around the orchard; they had more sense and stayed in where they were snugged up warm I bet. This is also the time of the year when lots of pests get killed off. Which is good.

Lots of horse tracks in the orchard someone is riding through the mud.
Icy Flood water

More icy water

No comments: