Sunday, August 25, 2013

Visit to Garden Organics

The family and I visited Garden Organics in Ryton, we took our niece so she could also enjoy the gardens and orchards, it also gives me a chance to look over the fence and see more professional orchardists in action and see and compare results. 

My Son Climbing the sculpture in the orchards
As always Ryton gardens is an inspiration. Not just the orchards but the gardens and the flowers. We wondered around looked the had a nice family day out. 


Apple fallen to the grown
The Apples have started to fallen onto the orchard floor, at my orchard I think I still a couple of weeks before they start to fall like this. Ryton gardens prevously used to us all its own produce in the cafe, however doesn't seem to do that any longer. The cafe and some other parts have been outsourced to external companies.
Flowers in Bloom at Ryton
It was late August and plenty of flowers in bloom and insects out and about. Its nice to see them, I know not everyone welcomes the insects but they are busy getting and living just as we humans do.
A bumblee Bee and a wasp gather pollen from an Alium

Cherries in the fruit trees
 All my dessert cherries are gone and either have been eaten by the birds are by use as a family. This is a late variety and one that will have given Ryton a good harvest.
Wild meadow flowers in one of the gardens

No comments: