Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Sharon's Orchard


Crate used at Sharon Orchard

I was in the Isle of wight last weekend for a long weekend. A quick goggle and I found several orchards on the Isle of wight and would have liked to have visited all of them. However because of the poor weather and visiting the isle with my family I didn't get to visit as many as I would have liked.
Sharon from Sharon's Orchard
I did visit Sharon's Orchard
Sharon's Orchard which makes its own apple juice and cider and supplies the local co-operative and a couple of other retailers as well has having a lovely farm shop. They grow different varieties of apples and they also produce different varieties of apple juice so that they are not blended. I meet both Sharon and Joe who own the farm and produce both the juice and cider. My wife really liked the spiced cider and she's bought back a couple of bottles.

Joe from Sharon's Orchard
Sharon's Orchard started in the same way mind did and both myself and Joe have very similar backgrounds, and started our orchards as a hobby. Joe has gone and expanded and has more acreage now that I have. He has also planted a lots more trees than I have, however I look at his operation with admiration.

We had a tasting session and Joe also went through some of the equipment that he uses to produce the apple juice and cider. I really enjoyed the visit and would highly recommend it. Next to Sharon's orchard is a vineyard also worth a visit and also offers tasting, which we all enjoyed.

A selection of Cider and Juices from Sharon's Orchard


No comments: