Saturday, March 10, 2012

Almonds or Quince which will bloom first


Quince Buds getting ready to open
 The race is on to see which will come into blossom first the Quince or the Almond. Which ever it is I look forward to it.
Almond buds getting fuller
I was down at the orchard today and found a little more damage on one of the trees. So I put up more rabbit guards. I still have loads of trees to protect and finding the time is difficult at the moment.

I'm not sure which of the trees will blossom first will it be the quince or the almond. The buds on both are growing faster and larger. It has rained once this week and though not a heavy downpour its not enough to nourish the trees properly, but even a little water seems to liven the trees. I'm glad I put the manure down as it does seem to absorb the rain.

My wife and kids were down and helped me to put up the rabbit guards  and they also helped me to search for ladybirds. The kids were very successful and found a number on various trees.


This was a picture of a mushroom that's growing under one of the trees. It was very pretty.

No comments: