Monday, May 2, 2011

Hot Cherry Swarms

Last weekend went and checked everything, all was fine. It does look like the bees have swarmed and they are busy just surviving. I have put a new supper on the hive and will have to see how things are going soon. I figure I will have to get the extractor from the association to extract honey in the next couple of weeks. Some of the honey will be from rape seed and that means that the honey hardens very quickly and even the bees can't use it.

The weather has been hot very hot and the trees need water. The cherries are looking very healthy and I should have a bumper crop again in a couple of weeks. I am not worried if birds get to them, but am hoping for a bowlful. It has been very windy though, I have taken some video of one of the trees really taking a beating as the wind blows.

I still haven't trimmed the grass, and am in t
wo minds to cut it. Leave it and let the insects have a field day. I also need to arrange the transport etc.

I have had more caterpillars and have remove as many as I could. One pooped and the poo was a very bright green.

In reality I have been lazy the last couple of weeks, we had the bank holiday and kids have been poorly, so I haven't got much done. But that is about to change.


No comments: