Friday, April 9, 2010

Bank Holiday weekend

Not much done last weekend. I put my first super on the bee hive. I added more manure to the compost heap, and checked on the trees, they are all doing well. Spotted some ladybirds and other insects, including lots and lots of bumblebees.

I actual watched a bumblebee for ages with my daughter. We were lying on the grass watching it stretch and move its legs etc, it wasn't collecting pollen or anything like that, it seemed to us it was enjoying the weather as much as we were.

Anyway we had a picnic on the grass yesterday, which was nice. I like seeing the kids wondering around hand in hand looking at this and that. Watching the horses, bees and anything else that moves.

We did have a little excitement when one of the horses from the field next to use got into the orchard twice, seems he likes to jump the fence.

No comments: