Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines Day - Ring of willow

Today we have placed 9 willow Pollarded branches and created a ring of willow. Its large and could last if successful a couple of hundred years.

I can imagine it. A nice circle of large willow trees that you could sit around and chill under in the summer months. They have been planted where we get a lots of water buildup. Hopefully they will suck-up much of the water.

I do hope it will be successful, and in a couple of years I could put some additional logs etc in the circle for people especially the kids to sit around and play, even have a barbecue, play music, hide from some of the elements.

My wife wasn't as impressed, a valentines day gift "A ring made from willow". It didn't cost much, just some time. The willow was from a park nearby. I spoke to the warden and he was happy for me to take what I wanted.

The bees will also like the willow as it grows and matures.

No comments: