Friday, August 7, 2009

Lots of bugs


I have checked the trees they have established themselves well. I have also been inside the fencing and removed the weeds that have had grown. Some of the weeds are well over a meter is height and I will be doing this more often now. Its a slow job but its has to been done.I have seen a couple of trees are missing a branch or some leaves. Looks like the horses that are eating the tall grass like a varied diet and a couple of cherry tree leaves do the trick.
I have seen loads of bugs and insects, including spiders, ladybirds, snails, crickets, bumblebees, moths, butterflies and small frogs, bio-diversity or what.


The honey bees are doing well expanding on to more frames, which is good, I'm still feeding them.

I'm a little worried about the horses, I reckon they should be on the land for a couple of weeks, no more as they could really do some damage to the trees. Which is a worry.

On Saturday I was meant to attend an Orchard event in Bewdley on RESTORATION PRUNING OF TRADITIONAL ORCHARD TREES however I had to miss the event as my daughter starts her swimming classes and my wife was a work. The course would have been good, I am lead to belive people from Natural England would have been there. However the guy who was taking the course has sent me a link to his web site which is interesting. http://www.uncllys.co.uk/

No comments: