Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Grafting course at Stowe 1st February 2009

When to a grafting course at Stowe, organised by the orchard group. It was difficult but interesting. I have learnt two techniques to graft, they are both similar.

Both are based on the tongue and grove methodology.

I found it difficult and believe its a skill you can acquired with practise. Will I get a chance to practice it regularly, I'm not sure at the moment.

I may have to buy a special knife for it. The knife is a cross between a cheese knife and an Rose pruning knife.

Met some new people on the course, who all seem interested in orchards and some were even looking to acquire land for that purpose. Some were looking to improve gardening skills and some may have been looking for business opportunities.

No comments: