Monday, January 5, 2009

3rd January 2009 Frosty Morning


I got to the land literally at sunrise,8am. It was minus 1 and in rubber wellingtons that's cold. Have checked all the trees. Two of the trees had minor rabbit damage. I have removed two more branches.

I was very worried about the frost as the ground was frozen solid. It was very hard to walk upon when compared to normal weather conditions.

Some of the plum trees have had bird damage in that some of the smallest branches have been broken I am blaming the birds but can't think of what else could have done the damage. The trees would be a good place to rest, if you were a small bird.

I have also found where the rabbits are living I am planning on leaving some dead wood or perhaps even a wood palette perhaps that may interest them more than my trees, as they are really only looking for somewhere to gnaw their teeth.

No comments: