Saturday, January 17, 2009

11th January Pruning Course in Stowe

I had to leave early to drive to Stowe. The course the was interesting, the first part was theory which was stuff I already knew and the later half was a practical. I really enjoyed the practical and I took on one tree and pruned it well. That is my own opinion and time will tell. The orchard at Stowe is very small. I also helped on a couple of large trees that the group assessed and did work on collectively. I would have preferred more time to do more practical work perhaps next time.

Lots of people attended and some had lots of knowledge and experience this included gardeners from Stowe a National Trust Garden and house. One of the attendees was about to try and save an old orchard. Good luck to him.

One woman was picking up tips and knowledge to take out to Africa "Mali" to be exact.

I will probably visit Stowe with Leena and the kids when we perhaps in the summer.

No comments: