Friday, December 23, 2011

Trees are asleep and the buds are visible


When I walk around the orchard I can see that all the trees are dormant. Very few trees now have leaves and if they do they have very few. I can see some ladybirds around and the number of birds pottering around is also diminishing.

In truth I don't even see many rabbits at the moment, but the last couple of weeks have been cold and wet. I haven't managed the get all the manure around all the trees and it looks like it will have to be done over the next couple of weeks. I will get it done and now that I have the Christmas break I will spend one of the days to get the job done.


I can see that buds are ready for next year, as the picture shows. The picture is a but blurry but it shows the buds on a cherry tree.

No comments: