Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The New trees are late

The new trees that had been ordered are not going to arrive on time.

I had planned on getting the additional trees planted this coming weekend. But unfortunately due to the severe weather in some parts of Britain in the past couple of weeks its not going to happen. The Nursery has not been able to take the trees out of the ground.
The trees should arrive on 4th December, with some luck. The later half of National Tree planting week.

I have various friends and family coming to help, and have had to let people know that this weekend's work is cancelled. Lets try next week. I hope everyone turns up.

I wanted to get everything done ASAP, so that all the trees are in the ground before the frosts take a grip or really bad weather hits Warwickshire.

My wife and I have already put markers in the ground so we know where the trees are going to be planted.

I have also seen on Google maps that when doing a street view you can see the trees. This is nice, and a little scary.

I have recently read Harmony A New Way of Looking at Our World by H.R.H. Prince of Wales, Tony Juniper, Ian Skelly. The book was great, I really enjoyed it, even orchards get a mention, as do bee's and so much more. Its almost a gateway to lots of ideas and thoughts. I plan to re-read it and make notes, on ideas and people that deserve more research.

After reading this book, I felt that Prince Charles is in a very fortunate position of being able to talk to some of the leading experts in various fields and bring ideas and thoughts together. He seems to have been at the forefront of many ideas, for the past 20 years, organic farming, traditional crafts, slow food etc. He in his position is able to meet and learn from experts that they are doing the real work discovering and protecting things, in a way that most people can't. He can then implement the suggestions and ideas.

I kind of long for that; access to those people, so that I to can learn what we should be doing and how things are progressing.

No comments: