Friday, May 7, 2010

Caterpillars and Aphids

Checked on the bees they are fine and doing well. I may even have honey this year.

I have also spotted Aphids on some of the apple trees. I have sprayed them with organic spray. Hope that fixes it.

I have also seen some ladybirds around so I hope that they can massively reduce the number of aphids.

I have also see loads of caterpillars almost every tree had one or more. I manually went round and picked them off. I won't be able to do this when the trees are bigger but can for a while yet. I have seen two types of caterpillars small green ones and slightly larger black ones. I took them away with me and dumped them into the compost heap and piled on a couple of kilos of fallen magnolia flower petals.

I was planning on cutting the grass but I really need by brothers help with this as he's been busy this week it hasn't been possible. The lawn mower weighs about 250 Kg. This is far more than I can pick up on my own. Even with the two of us its heavy.

No comments: