Saturday, November 21, 2009

A theft on the land

I know I havn't updated the site recently, but here's what's been happening. After the trip to europe I have checked the trees I have some pruning to do. The grass is long and really needs cutting, this will be done soon.

I had a couple of large 50kg bags of wood chip which has been stolen off the land. I have reported it to the police and they tell me its probably travellers. Apprently a number of thefts have occured in the area, things have been stolen like fencing chains and things that can been taken easily.

I am not spending huge amounts of time on the land as its dark early, so I only have the weekends to check on the trees etc. I know I have lots to do its just finding the time.

One of the people that attended the training in europe has won a contract to plant 6ha's of hazelnuts. That's cool.

No comments: