Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A quiet week

Its been an nice week, I have managed to get to grips with the petrol strimmer I have now cleared the parts of the meadow the horses were on. The horses have left some large weeds untouched. I have cut them down. It does make the meadow nice and clear.

The bees also seem to be laying eggs. This is good news but the eggs are being layed at a 6pm angle I was expecting them to be laying at 9:15. I am still looking at getting an additional hive.
I will have to ask the other bees keepers if the angle of the bees is correct. I was also meant to sprinkle icing sugar on the bees but I left the sugar at home. The sugar is to help the bees tackle verroa mite. I really don't want to use harsh chemicals. I have not seen any verroa mites, but you don't want to take the risk.

I am also looking at getting a tool box, as I seem to be collecting lots of tools and bits and pieces like matches, for the smoker, magnifying glass, Hive tool, hammer, strimmer string etc.

No comments: